requiring a password to connect

From: "charlie derr" <wrong(at)crosswinds(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: requiring a password to connect
Date: 2001-06-27 11:44:32
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi all,

	I am using postgresql in conjunction with php.  The following code works to
establish a database connection:

$db = pgConnect("dbname=mydb user=myuser");

	I would prefer it if this would fail to connect.  Is there a command line
switch I can use to start the postmaster that will require a password to be
passed in the connection string?  Or do I need to recompile postgresql with
a particular option to achieve the desired behavior?  I have experienced the
above on 6.5.3, 7.0.2 and 7.1.2.

	Thank you very much for your time,
		~c

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: charlie derrDate: 2001-06-27 12:25:53