shuttting down postmaster

From: "Paulo Roberto Siqueira" <paulo(dot)siqueira(at)usa(dot)net>
To: "PGSQL Novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: shuttting down postmaster
Date: 2000-07-04 01:07:16
Lists: pgsql-novice

How can I shut down the postmaster? Everytime I reboot my pc I have
problems to re-start it. There's always a file indicating that postgres is
running, althoug it is not. This is created everytime I run postmaster. I
must have a way to have postmaster deleting this file everytime it is shut
down.

Paulo