Re: Insert/Update that doesn't

From: "Nick Fankhauser" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
To: "Tim Holloway" <timh(at)mousetech(dot)com>, "Barry Lind" <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Insert/Update that doesn't
Date: 2001-12-11 19:56:49
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> There's an implication there that the default is for auto-commit to have
> been ENabled, and I didn't explicitly enable OR disable auto-commit. Does
> the builtin Jakarta Struts datasource pooling facility turn off
> auto-commit?

I can vouch for auto-commit being enabled by default. Our apps use straight
JDBC to the database & we've never encountered this problem. If you have
some third-party code doing connectioon pooling in the middle, I think it is
a likely candidate to check.

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser nickf(at)ontko(dot)com Phone 1.765.935.4283 Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co. Software Consulting Services http://www.ontko.com/