Re: connection error

From: "Nick Fankhauser" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
To: "Russ McBride" <Russ(at)psyex(dot)com>, "pgsql-jdbc" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: connection error
Date: 2001-09-26 21:40:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

JDBC connects using TCP/IP and this indicates that your host machine doesn't
have a line in /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf allowing the requested
connection. This is necessary even if you are connecting to localhost.
Here's what our pg_hba.conf looks like:

local        all                                           peer sameuser
host         all           ident sameuser
host         all  trust

The first lines allow a connection on the same machine.

The last line allows a connection from the IP address
without any authentication. For details, search for pg_hba in the
interactive docs.

Nick Fankhauser

nickf(at)doxpop(dot)com  Phone 1.765.965.7363  Fax 1.765.962.9788
doxpop  - Court records at your fingertips -