Re: pg_restore error: function plpgsql_call_handleralready exists with same argument types

From: "Nick Fankhauser" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
To: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "pgsql-admin" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_restore error: function plpgsql_call_handleralready exists with same argument types
Date: 2002-11-27 14:28:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

Oliver-

Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately, it still won't go.

We've never touched template1, but just to make sure, I tried using
template0 to ensure an empty DB with the same results:

nickf(at)morgai:~$ createdb -D PG_ALPHA -T template0 test
CREATE DATABASE
nickf(at)morgai:~$ pg_restore -dalpha test.dump.tar
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: function
plpgsql_call_handler already exists with same argument types
nickf(at)morgai:~$

I'm a bit surprised about this one, because we're running a plain 7.2
(debian package) installation & it seems as if this is a standard sort of
operation that other people would be using often.

-Nick