Failed Connection?

From: "Steven Smith" <steven(at)geometryit(dot)com>
Subject: Failed Connection?
Date: 2001-04-18 06:08:39
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I am trying to access a PostgreSQL 7.0 database through JDBC. I get an
'Error connecting to database' message everytime I try to connect. I have
setup the network and database to handle JDBC (atleast I think it is) but
still the problem persists. I have tried to run the same program from the
local machine postgres is running on, and still get the same error. I have
edited the pg_hba.conf file to ensure outside network connections can access
the database, I have looked at the postmaster.opts file (assuming this is
the options for postmaster) and it is using the -i option. I can use
pgaccess to view the database, so the database name, username and password
work. What else can it be???