Re: turning on debug without restarting postgres

From: "Rainer Mager" <rmager(at)vgkk(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: turning on debug without restarting postgres
Date: 2001-09-27 11:09:04
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I looked at this and I think it might not work for
us. The thing is that we have a connection pool that maintains connections
to the db so all connections being closed at the same time will never
happen. Does this pg_ctl thing do VERY clever restarting like spawning a new
back end, as each connection closes removing it from the old back end, and
directing all new connections to the new backend until all old connections
are closed?

Thanks,

--Rainer