WindowsNT, Java

From: "Erwin Selg" <eselg(at)softbridge(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: WindowsNT, Java
Date: 2000-03-01 15:50:45
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hello,

right now I'm evaluating the PostgreSQL and it seems to be the big bang for
us.
But also it is quite important to have a good performance on several
platforms
i.e. WindowsNT , Linux etc.

My question now is: Is there a difference in performance? I read on Windows
it is running
using CygWin, are there any experiences of disadvantages because of that?

Also I read it was a Java database, so my question: Is it a Java database or
is it done
in C++?

Are there any restrictions of the features or performance on any platform?

Thanks for your help
Erwin Selg

pgsql-ports by date