Access, Views and the OID

From: "Joe Shevland" <shevlandj(at)kpi(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Access, Views and the OID
Date: 2000-03-02 18:52:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I'm getting an error when using linked tables within Access, using ODBC to
connect to a remote Postgres 6.5.2 database:

'ERROR: system column oid not available - view_emp_locations is a view (#1)'

I've got the OID checkbox and fake-index checkbox ticked, as I use pgadmin
to do the real work behind the scenes.

Any pointers for how to get views working in this fashion?

Otherwise I'll have to use a braindead-Access query which probably wants to
pull all the data across the network first
to just look at one row...

Cheers,
Joe

---