RE: [INTERFACES] JDBC connection refused

From: "Joe Shevland" <shevlandj(at)kpi(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "John Collins" <jcollins(at)cs(dot)umn(dot)edu>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: "Lamar Owen" <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] JDBC connection refused
Date: 2000-03-04 16:42:59
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Unsure if it will help, but try:

> telnet localhost 5432
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

rubbish text I typed.
^^

EInvalid packet lengthConnection closed by foreign host.
---

But instead try 'birch' or the IP address and see what
you get. But the pg_hba file looks fine as you've got it
I think. Maybe a red herring but check whether there's any
firewalling set up on the server that stops you from connecting.

Joe