pgsql

From: "Bach-Nga Catherine Vo" <vob(at)psi(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgsql
Date: 1999-09-13 15:19:05
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi,

I'm new with this database and one of my customer has a problem with pgsql
database down. I tried to bring it back up and I don't know where to start
it. I tried to re-createdb by typing createdb at the prompt sign and I got
an error: "createdb: database 'pgsql' already exists. Createdb: database
creation failed on pgsql"

I went to /usr/local/pgsql/bin and run the psql executable and it said, "you
are currently conneted to the database:pgsql", but when I check the queue
for psql and I didn't see any psql is currently running.

Would you please show me how to bring the database back up if the database
server is down? I'd appreciate for your help.

Thanks.

Bach-Nga

Attachment Content-Type Size
winmail.dat application/ms-tnef 1.8 KB