RE: 7.1 pg_dump fails for user-defined types (release stopper?)

From: "Darren King" <darrenk(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: "Pgsql-Hackers(at)Postgresql(dot) Org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: 7.1 pg_dump fails for user-defined types (release stopper?)
Date: 2001-03-30 20:30:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> A more promising idea is to hack function creation
> so that the OID assigned to the function is lower
> than the OIDs assigned to any shell types created
> when the function is defined.  Or we could try to
> hack pg_dump to fix this, but that doesn't seem
> appetizing.

Requiring OID ordering would open up a new can of worms.

What happens if the user does a drop/create on the function after
creating it?

The function could potentially be recreated with a higher OID and then
the user would be in the same situation.

If the system requires (or works around) creation ordering when creating
functions and types, ISTM that pg_dump should have to do the same.

darrenk