IDENT auth. problem

From: "Graham Vickrage" <graham(at)digitalplanit(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: IDENT auth. problem
Date: 2002-01-17 16:39:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,

I am experiencing strange behaviour with psql. I normally log with
authentication type: ident sameuser

I have just exited from a psql session where I dropped a table and then
immediately logged back in and now I am getting: -

IDENT authentication failed for user 'postgres'

I have checked all the usual; ph_hba.conf, pg_shadow, restarting postmaster
with -i and environment variable PGHOST=localhost.

Does anyone have any ideas, similar probs or a way of tracing at what point
its failing.

Thanks in advance,

Graham.

PG Ver. 7.1.2