Authentification problems with local connections

From: "Graham Vickrage" <graham(at)digitalplanit(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Authentification problems with local connections
Date: 2000-03-01 15:33:21
Lists: pgsql-admin
I am trying to restrict access to my databases by adding the following lines
to the pg_hba.conf file: -

local        dpstatistic                                password
local        details                                    password
host         all  password

When I now try to access the database using:

[postgres(at)10 bin]$ psql -u dpstatistics
username: dpstats
password: dpstats

I get the following message:
"No pg_hba.conf entry for host localhost, user dpsuper, database

despite the fact that the user dpstats appears in the pg_shadow table: -

usename   |usesysid|usecreatedb|usetrace|usesuper|usecatupd|passwd
dpstats   |     503|t          |t       |t       |t        |dpstats   |

Is there an entry missing that I have over-looked, any help greatly

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Andre Antonio ParmeggianiDate: 2000-03-01 23:05:04