Importing massive amounts of data into a PostgreSQL database

From: "L(dot) Scott Loftin" <scott(dot)loftin(at)howstuffworks(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Importing massive amounts of data into a PostgreSQL database
Date: 2000-06-23 17:59:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have a 2.1 million record table to import into a newly-created Postgres
database. On the machine I have, early calculations predict a 9.5 day
timeframe to do this. I have dumped the data into a format that Postgres'
COPY command will handle.

Is there any other more efficient way to get massive amounts of data into a
Postgres database?

Scott