HeapTuple layout

From: Michael Klatt <mdklatt(at)ou(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: HeapTuple layout
Date: 2002-03-01 19:15:36
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Is a HeapTuple for a particular table guaranteed to have the same layout
(order and number of attributes) as that table? This seems to be true, but
can I rely on that behavior in all situations? Also, is a HeapTuple used to
store the tuples in a PGresult?

___________________________________
Michael Klatt

University of Oklahoma
Environmental Verification and Analysis Center
710 Asp Avenue, Suite 8
Norman, OK 73069

405.447.8412
405.447.8455 FAX
http://www.evac.ou.edu/

"I'm a great motivator. Everyone says they have to work twice as hard when
I'm around."