PGSQL and Image Magick

From: "Scott Muir" <wsmuir(at)islandnet(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PGSQL and Image Magick
Date: 2000-11-15 00:42:47
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
 Hi people..  I'm learning pgsql while working on a project...

 I'm attempting to interface pgsql to ImageMagick and am needing some
 guidance..

 ImageMagick has libraries which can be accessed with PERL, C,
 C++, Python, Java (this is my order of preference) or can be
 accessed at the shell level.

 I've been looking around in some of the archives... As near as I
 can tell, PL/Perl doesn't want to permit access to PerlMagick
 (the perl interface) because the author of Pl/Perl feels it is insecure.

 Anyways, I'm finding the dox I have rather vague as to how to accomplish
 this...  My hope is to make a PL function which will update an image with
 data.

 I want to create a PL function in my database which will process
 records in a table and make calls to the IM api to modify the image
accordingly...

 Can someone suggest some methods of accomplishing this?

 I'm using 7.0.2 on FreeBSD 4.1

 Thank-you,
 Scott.

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Stephen CrawleyDate: 2000-11-15 03:55:40