Using external Apps from inside pgsql.

From: "Scott Muir" <wsmuir(at)islandnet(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Using external Apps from inside pgsql.
Date: 2000-10-23 18:44:05
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Guys.. I'm just learning pgsql...

I'm attempting to interface pgsql to ImageMagick and am needing some
guidance..

ImageMagick has libraries which can be accessed with PERL, C, C++ (among
others and this is my order of preference)

Anyways, I'm finding the dox I have rather vague as to how to accomplish
this... My hope is to make a PL function which will update an image with
data.

PL/Perl doesn't seem to want to recognize the Image::Magick library include,
and I dont know how to make a func.so in C which uses IM and can be used
from inside PGSQL.

Any suggestions?

and another little question: any suggestions as to how to make a trigger
fire based on a time stamp expiring? (other than using a CRON job?) The
data for the image is time sensitive.

I'm usign 7.0.2 on FreeBSD 4.0

Thank-you,
Scott.