Full-text searching in PostgreaSQL - Using GiST for full-text search - examples needed

From: <robmayfield(at)attbi(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Full-text searching in PostgreaSQL - Using GiST for full-text search - examples needed
Date: 2002-01-15 21:41:52
Lists: pgsql-novice
I have searched high and low on the Web for information on how to do create
GiST (or any workable indexing scheme)full-text searches on medium size
bodies of text stored in a PostGresSQL 7.1.3 'TEXT' or VARCHAR field.
the most I find is for integers: CREATE INDEX message_rdtree_idx on message
using gist ( sections gist__int_ops);
Can't find any info refering to examplkes with text. I know that 7.2 has
tsearch but that is still in beta. Anybody got an info and examples??
Thanks in Advance
Rob

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: BurraDate: 2002-01-15 22:22:33