Re: Firebird and PostgreSQL at the DB Corral.

From: Paul Ganainm <paulsnewsgroups(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Firebird and PostgreSQL at the DB Corral.
Date: 2003-12-21 20:58:37
Lists: pgsql-general

spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net says...

> >>SELECT count(*) FROM (SELECT col1, col2 FROM table)

> > I did select count(*) from phone_list and it worked.

> Sure you can do a select from a view, but try the above statement where the
> view definition is "embedded" diretly into the SELECT. This is not
> supported by FB 1.5 - though it will be with 2.0

OK, so that's what you call an "inline view" is it?

What then is a derived table, or is a derived table just a synonym for
inline view?

> I admit that it is not a very important feature, but I have come to like
> it, and sometimes it comes in handy :-)

What's wrong with SELECT COUNT(col1) FROM table?

Paul...

--

plinehan x__AT__x yahoo x__DOT__x com

C++ Builder 5 SP1, Interbase 6.0.1.6 IBX 5.04 W2K Pro

Please do not top-post.