Re: Possible ODBC driver error

From: Patrick Dunford <a47xxy(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Possible ODBC driver error
Date: 2001-04-17 06:08:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-general

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 15:12:39 +0000 (UTC) AD in
comp.databases.postgresql.general, Stephan Szabo said:

>Here's one possibility...
>Were the names mixed case? If so, the copied tables probably
>were created with their names quoted and you'll need to quote
>the names to reference them. Postgres lowercases unquoted
>names (for case-insensitivity), so if you create a table with
>something like:
>create table "A" ...
>the only way to reference the table is as "A" not A.

Yes this is so

maybe the driver needs an option that gives us a choice (convert table and
field names when making a table), since it's fiddly doing it by hand

>On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Patrick Dunford wrote:
>
>> I recently copied five tables to the server using the Postgres ODBC driver
>> with MS Access.
>>
>> The tables can be viewed in MS Access but not using PHP or Zeos Database
>> Explorer, which both return the same error message:
>> ERROR: Relation 'adweb_servinf1' does not exist
>>
>> The tables are visible in ZDO and the column names can be viewed. All the
>> names of the tables also appear in pg_tables.
>>
>> Is this a bug in the ODBC driver i.e. it does not make the full entries
>> needed in Postgres for it to know about tables?

>http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/faq.html

Patrick Dunford, Christchurch, NZ - http://pdunford.godzone.net.nz/

Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God
the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and
power.
-- 1 Corinthians 15:24
http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/todaysverse.cgi?day=20010416
Created by Mail2Sig - http://pdunford.godzone.net.nz/software/mail2sig/