Re: PostgreSQL+ Beta bug?

From: "Bo?ena Potempa" <Bozena(dot)Potempa(at)otc(dot)pl>
To: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL+ Beta bug?
Date: 2002-11-19 10:46:32
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hiroshi,

> >Which version of PostgreSQL server are you connecting ?
>>
>> 7.2.3.
>
>I can't your case in 7.2.3 but in 7.2.1 the result is
> 0 0 0 not 0 1 0.

It is more complicated then I thought.
I have 2 test installations of PostgreSQL: one on Linux
and the second one on Windows NT, both 7.2.3 version.
The Linux installation works with 0 stored in varchar
field (the test results are as described in my previous
e-mail). The Windows installation does not support zeroes
in strings!
Now I am not sure which behaviour is correct (and planned
by PostgreSQL developers). I am new to PostgreSQL, but
I know some other databases better and all of them allows
0 in strings.

Could you please ask somebody with 7.2.3 on Linux to
run my test and confirm the results?

Best regards,
Bozena Potempa