Re: PostgreSQL+ Beta bug?

From: "Bo?ena Potempa" <Bozena(dot)Potempa(at)otc(dot)pl>
To: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL+ Beta bug?
Date: 2002-11-19 16:15:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc
[..]
>Hmm the difference may come from (non-)multibyte mode.

I don't think so. My PostgreSQL on Linux installation is standard,
without support for multibyte characters, without support for
any national characterset and sorting. Just installed
'as is' on the fresh RedHat 7.3.

>> Now I am not sure which behaviour is correct (and planned
>> by PostgreSQL developers).
>
>As far as I see PostgreSQL couldn't handle non-null-terminated
>strings correctly.

OK. But I think, that even if some earlier versions of PostgreSQL
do not support 0s in strings then later versions will support them.
So ODBC driver should not cut strings containing zeroes, but
insert/read data entirely making usage of provided length.
Is it implemented like that?

And again: could you ask somebody with 7.2.3 on Linux to
run my test and confirm the results?

Best regards,
Bozena Potempa