JDBC executeUpdate() does not return the number of rows effected

From: "Robert Dyas" <rdyas(at)adelphia(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: JDBC executeUpdate() does not return the number of rows effected
Date: 2001-10-27 02:40:49
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi all,

I have been using the JDBC driver for a couple of months now. The only
limitation I have run into for my own uses is that calling executeUpdate()
does not return the number of rows effected by update or delete statement --
it always returns 0.

Is this a limitation of Postgresql (i.e. the backend does not provide this
info) or a limitation of the JDBC driver?

If it is not a limitation of the backend, does anyone have an idea if this
bug would be as easy to fix as it appears on the surface?

Rob

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Barry LindDate: 2001-10-27 03:26:47
Previous:From: Ned WolpertDate: 2001-10-26 19:22:58
Subject: Re: j2ee compatiable jdbc driver on jdbc.postgresql.org?