Re: System Log

From: "Duncan Garland" <duncan(dot)garland(at)ntlworld(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: System Log
Date: 2007-03-09 17:02:13
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't think the messages are configured to go
anywhere. Have you got a simple example I could copy? Or is there a simple
guide somewhere?

The current files is:

# $FreeBSD: src/etc/syslog.conf,v 1.13.2.3 2002/04/15 00:44:13 dougb Exp $
#
# Spaces ARE valid field separators in this file. However,
# other *nix-like systems still insist on using tabs as field
# separators. If you are sharing this file between systems, you
# may want to use only tabs as field separators here.
# Consult the syslog.conf(5) manpage.
*.notice;lpr.info;mail.crit;news.err /var/log/messages
security.* /var/log/security
auth.info;authpriv.info /var/log/auth.log
mail.info /var/log/maillog
lpr.info /var/log/lpd-errs
cron.* /var/log/cron
*.emerg *
# uncomment this to enable logging of all log messages to /var/log/all.log
# touch /var/log/all.log and chmod it to mode 600 before it will work
#*.* /var/log/all.log
# uncomment this to enable logging to a remote loghost named loghost
#*.* @loghost
# uncomment these if you're running inn
# news.crit /var/log/news/news.crit
# news.err /var/log/news/news.err