initcap

From: "Thomas Chiverton" <thomas(dot)chiverton(at)locavista(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: initcap
Date: 2002-09-17 13:10:07
Lists: pgsql-novice

Using select initcap('hH') I get the output "Hh", which isn't what I
expected given the definition in table 4-7 at
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?functions-string.html, which says
"Converts first letter of each word (whitespace separated) to upper case", I
thought it would do just that, not lower case every other letter in the word
as well...

Is this behaviour intended ?
If so, can we get it documented ? If not, should I file a bug - it seems
broken to me... ?

Thomas Chiverton

LocaVista Ltd, Orchard House, Castle Garth, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 7AT
Telephone: +44 (0)1539 731000 Fax: +44 (0)1539 729995
Website: http://www.locavista.com

The content of this email (and any attachment) is confidential. It
may also be legally privileged or otherwise protected from
disclosure. This email should not be used by anyone who is not an
original intended recipient, nor may it be copied or disclosed to
anyone who is not an original intended recipient. If you have
received this email by mistake please notify us by emailing the
sender, and then delete the email and any copies from your system.
Liability cannot be accepted for statements made which are clearly
the sender's own and not made on behalf of LocaVista Ltd.