Re: .org domain went down.

From: "Heather Carle" <hcarle(at)afilias(dot)info>
To: "Scott Lamb" <slamb(at)slamb(dot)org>, "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Bruce Beckwith" <bbeckwith(at)pir(dot)org>
Subject: Re: .org domain went down.
Date: 2003-05-20 11:11:30
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

ALL: Just because Afilias is the back end operator for .org I will respond
on this. Scott is absolutely right that TheRegister's story was based on
incorrect information.

CRSNic simply does not contain information for .org domains anymore(see
Whois response from CRSNic.net which says it only contains information on
com/net/edu and registrars). There was no problem with the .org registry or
its Whois system.

TheRegister story was (somewhat) corrected yesterday, as was Simon Perry's
blog and other sites. If you all have questions, please let me know.

Best,
Heather
--
Heather D. Carle