Postgres : Queries

From: "jyoti manchanda" <j_manchanda(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: postgres-beta(at)peerdirect(dot)com, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres : Queries
Date: 2004-03-19 13:22:40
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I have been facing some problem when using Postgres. I am using Postgres 7.2
beta release 4. The reason I am using this is that it was easy to install in
windows 2000 and I was also able to get a download of the interface from
Peerdirect. The problems that I am facing are as follows :-

1. Using the psql or the aqua Query analyser, if I create a table or an
object, it always creates it in lower case, no matter what case I specify.
but I tried porting a table from sql server 7 to postgres using DTS, and the
case for the table was the one that I had specified in SQL Server. But now
the problem is that I am not being able to accessthis table as the case is
different. And when ever I try to access the table, it tries to fnid one in
lower case and does not consider the case that I specify in the select
statement.

2. I am working in a particular database catalog and need to execute a query
on a table in another DB. How can I do this without having to create a fresh
connection.

3. I had created a Function and now I need to view the description of the
function. but I have not come across anything on the net or the help using
which I could view the contents, like we have the sp_helptext in SQL server.

4. In SQL we have the concept of clustered and nonclustered indexes. but I
was not able to find any information on clustered indexes nor any details
that the index that are created are of type clustered or nonclustered.

Can you kindly help me out these these Queries. I have been searching for
the solutions on the net for a while now and still no results and I need to
find the solutions soon.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Thank you,
Jyoti Manchanda

Xerox Multifunction devicesthat print,copy,scan and fax.
http://go.msnserver.com/IN/44797.asp Get affordable printing solutions that
fit your needs .