Trouble on Windows 2000

From: "d w" <doylewervin(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trouble on Windows 2000
Date: 2003-06-12 01:45:38
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
I have followed the install instructions exactly, but PostgreSQL it will not
work. Do I have to login to my Windows 2000 box as "postgres" user? Is it
required to get it to run? I have been trying to set everything up under my
regular user name because, well, it's my account. And I want to use Postgres
when I am logged in without having to logout and login as the postgres user.

Postmaster is running and is not eating up 100% of my CPU after I turned off
the stats logging on startup, but I cannot run pqsl. I get the following:

psql: server closed the connection unexpectedly This probably means the
server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.

I also try to start postmaster by itslef from the command line. Postmaster
starts OK, but when I try to run psql I get:

FATAL 1: getpeername() failed

Can anyone help me figure out why I cannot run this port of PostgreSQL when
everyone else here seems to be able to run it with no problem? This seems
peculiar to me given that so many say that it works great on Windows 2000.

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Dave SteenburgDate: 2003-06-12 02:52:08