NIC to NIC connection

From: "Kent Anderson" <kenta(at)ezyield(dot)com>
To: "Pgsql-Admin(at)Postgresql(dot) Org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: NIC to NIC connection
Date: 2004-10-19 16:05:05
Lists: pgsql-admin
We are upgrading our servers and have run into an interesting situation.  It
has been proposed that we have a direct connection from the web servers to
the postgres server via extra NICs. Has anyone done this before and how big
a project would it be to alter ASP and Java applications to make use of such
a connection?

Before we even waste time installing the NIC's I would like a sense of how
hard it is to get postgres to use that kind of a connection vs over the
Internet. We are looking to increase communication speed between the web
servers and database server as much as possible.

Thanks
Kent Anderson

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Bryan BiggersDate: 2004-10-19 16:13:51