Run postmaster as a NT service with invoker 1.53

From: "ric Prvost-Dansereau" <eric(at)esc(dot)rosemere(dot)qc(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Run postmaster as a NT service with invoker 1.53
Date: 2000-12-02 19:58:06
Lists: pgsql-ports

I'm trying to run Postgresql 7.0.2 on a NT 4 server. I can start postmaster
and ipc-deamon with no problem from commandline or bash.

Now, I want to run these software as services with invoker 1.53. ipc-deamon
work well, but I have problems with postmaster.

First, I modify the system PATH and add PGLIB and PGDATA in system
environnement. Using my postgresql user, i can start postmaster from cmd
without any problems. But when i start it as a service, i get the following

Error 203: The system could not find the environment option that was

My registry for pgsql service is like that:

Have an idea?

Thank you.

Eric Prevost

pgsql-ports by date