Re: Graphical ER Editor / Graphical Query Editor : First stages?

From: "Mark A(dot) Taff" <mark(at)libertycreek(dot)net>
To: "Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd" <tim(at)fosterfinch(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Graphical ER Editor / Graphical Query Editor : First stages?
Date: 2002-02-27 18:04:33
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

This is pretty much where I am at. I have the basic layout of the SQL
server new view window done. The resizing code was a pain to implement
cleanly, but I did get it after a spell.

I agree with the need for a custom control for the entity diagrams. The key
is to make the control powerful enough so that at design time, the
programmer can modify the control to suit their purpose. For example, the
ideal control for the query planner is not the same as for a relationship
diagram, but they are close enough that it ought to be one customizable
control. This control also needs to handle views, functions, rules,
triggers, etc (in their appropriate spots).

I am working on such a control now, but I've just barely begun that.

Mark