Install question

From: "Mickey" <mickey(at)mcnjeni(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Install question
Date: 2003-09-29 20:55:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I'm following some step-by-step instructions from Lyris.com on installing
postgres 7.2.3, and at step 6, which is this:

Initialize the data directory:
initdb --lc-collate=C

I get this:

bash-2.05$ initdb --lc-collate=C
initdb: invalid option: --lc-collate=C

I think this is a non-vital part of the setup, but I want to be clear,
before I screw anything up. can anyone tell me if this is required, or if
the command itself is incorrect in same fashion?

Thanks!

Mickey