Re: Crystal Reports: Connection rejected: FATAL: no PostgreSQL

From: "Prasanth" <dbadmin(at)nqadmin(dot)com>
To: "Oliver Jowett" <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: "Rover, Mischa de" <mischa(dot)de(dot)rover(at)capgemini(dot)com>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Crystal Reports: Connection rejected: FATAL: no PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-03-09 22:49:33
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

>Right, but I'd assume that CR has some way to configure the
>user/password it uses if it's using the first form, at least..

I do specify the username & password. CR is able to connect to the database
at design time. I use JDBC connection even for designing the report. I works
great at design time. It is during runtime that the report is not able to
connect.
It could well be CR bug, I even emailed their tech support but no response.

>Can you try the protocolVersion=2 approach and see if that works?

Same error message.

P.S: I am using postgresql-8.0-310kh.jdbc3.jar driver

-Prasanth.