runtest bug and bigcheck problems

From: "Rick Touchette" <rick(dot)touchette(at)nwa(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: runtest bug and bigcheck problems
Date: 2001-04-06 18:25:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Some background:
  Version: 	postgresql-7.0.3  installed in nonstandard location
(/home/nssrta/pgsql)
  OS:		 Solaris 2.6 (patch level unknown, but definitely not current)
  Running under the installed user id

Item #1 Bug in runtest:
In order to get the runtest regression test to work I had to change line 100
in regress.sh
  from:
     createlang $HOSTLOC plpgsql regression
  to:
     createlang -L /home/n33rta/pgsql/lib $HOSTLOC plpgsql regression
     (I had to specify the lib location)

There should be a way to get this value from the Makefile.global which is
included in the GNUmakefile, But GNUmakefile is running regress.sh in a
shell. Sorry, I'm not very knowledgeable with gmake and therefore I haven't
a eloquent solution to suggest.

Item #2
Before install the runcheck test worked fine but when I tried the bigcheck
test it hung.
that is the test ran fine until the big (whatever) test and never finished
(4+ hours)
I did notice a defunct process from which had a common parent to the
postmaster process.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Rick Touchette