Ugh...createlang won't prompt for password

From: "Steve - DND" <postgres(at)digitalnothing(dot)com>
To: "postgres-win32" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Ugh...createlang won't prompt for password
Date: 2005-04-19 00:49:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Just when everything looked good, it went to crap again. I was able to
successfully install pltclu into one database with the command
"createlang -U postgres pltclu dbname". Upon hitting enter, I was prompted
for a password. The next time I went to run the same command, just on a
different DB, I am no longer prompted for a password, and receive the error
message, "createlang: could not connect to database template1: FATAL:
password authentication failed for user "postgres". I checked to see if this
error was specific to template1, by trying to install a different language
on the original DB. That too failed with the same error.

I have tried adding the -W, and --password options, as well as both of them
together. Whatever I do though, I cannot get createlang to prompt me for a
password.

What do I need to do to figure out this problem?

Thanks,
Steve

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date