fe_setauthsvc: invalid name. Ignoring... ERROR

From: "Dutt H Kalapatapu" <dutt(at)eudoramail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: fe_setauthsvc: invalid name. Ignoring... ERROR
Date: 1999-08-15 20:16:43
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Some body already had this problem( mo(at)midwestonline(dot)com).  I am
trying to connect to database using PgDatabase interface and I get
an error saying "fe_setauthsvc: invalid name, ignoring..".  I thought
this was permission problem so I made myself the superuser of the
database and ran initdb and I still get this error.

I was running Linux5.2 earlier and I had no problem what's so ever
with the same code and I upgraded to Linux6.0(Redhat) and I get
this error.  What could be the problem? and how should one rectify this error?

I am running a tight schedule and suddenly I find myself totally spending time on this error.

Thanks for any info.

-Dutt

---
Dutt Kalapatapu
10611 Dabney Drive
Apt. No. 14
San Diego CA 92126
Phone: 619 253 4638

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: PaulDate: 1999-08-16 03:18:10