Re: How to manipulate a cursor returned by a PL/pgSQL in a PHP

From: "Sebastien Baudry" <sbaudry(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to manipulate a cursor returned by a PL/pgSQL in a PHP
Date: 2003-10-06 08:17:51
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi.
I finally found out how to fetch the cursor returned by a PostGreSQL function in my PHP script.
Here from the Postgres archives: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-php/2002-11/msg00054.php

This is the "head" of function:
--------------
create or replace function match(refcursor,int8) returns
refcursor as ' DECLARE
vid ALIAS FOR $2;
vcursor ALIAS FOR $1;
BEGIN
(...)
return vcursor;
(...)
--------------

And this is php call:
--------------
$conn = pg_pconnect ($conn_string);
$qry = "BEGIN; SELECT
matche('cursorsalida',$identificador); fetch all in cursorsalida; ";
$result = pg_query ($conn, $qry);
$num = pg_num_rows($result);
for ($i=0; $i < $num; $i++) {
$r = pg_fetch_row($result, $i);
(...)

You have to pass a refcursor as input parameter.