Patching and installing from source

From: "Mark McEahern" <marklists(at)mceahern(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Patching and installing from source
Date: 2002-07-09 19:46:10
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hi, I need to apply several patches to PostgreSQL to expand the length of
user and database names.  The current limit is 33 characters.  I am able to
do this in Linux, but I'm not quite sure how to do it in Cygwin since the
setup.exe installs PostgreSQL for me.

I know about this README:

  http://tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.2.README

It is quite helpful, just not for this problem, since I need to modify the
source before I compile PostgreSQL.

Are there any pointers/documentation for doing this?

I suppose my next step is to just try doing the configure/make/make install
dance from cygwin with the normal source.

Thanks,

// mark

-

pgsql-cygwin by date