Re: Win32 port

From: Katie Ward <kward(at)peerdirect(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Win32 port
Date: 2002-11-07 21:58:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, all.

I just wanted to give you an update on where my company (PeerDirect) is with
regards to our native Windows port.

We are planning on contributing the code for the native port sometime next
month (in December). We would have liked to contribute it earlier, but our
work schedules here didn't allow it.

The state of the port is that it passes all postgres regression tests. It's
been in BETA since early August with about 27 beta customers. The beta
customers came from a post made to the cygwin mailing list
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-cygwin/2002-08/msg00012.php). The
BETA has proven successful and several problems were found and fixed.

At this point you are welcome to run the latest version of this BETA. There
is no installer, but there is a setenv.bat script to help setup the
environment. The beta can be downloaded at:
ftp://209.61.187.152/postgres/postgres_beta4.zip

This version has its own catalog version which is slightly different than
7.2.1, so you'll need to do a pg_dump and pg_restore. If you find any
issues, please don't mail me directly. Instead, please send emails to
postgres-beta(at)peerdirect(dot)com(dot) Several people monitor this address and the
issue will get resolved more quickly.

There is still some cleanup work to do, such as migrating from 7.2.1 to 7.4,
but my company is committed to contributing this port to the community by
the end of the year.

Regards,

Katie Ward
Principal Engineer