VS: Problem with Access 2002 and Postgres ODBC

From: "Antti Toivanen" <kc3581(at)kolumbus(dot)fi>
To: "Kevin Plouffe" <kplouffe(at)QualityMetric(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: VS: Problem with Access 2002 and Postgres ODBC
Date: 2002-08-21 09:54:11
Lists: pgsql-odbc
MessageIm affraid this might be MicroSoft's bug on their software. Similiar
kind of effect has happend for us too, but with MySQL.. Access2002 is
actually quite unstable to use with anything else than MS-SQLServer and even
that has its own problems.

I hope they'll fix the thing some day, but it is possible that you'll need
to pay for the fix since it might be included to the next version. My goal
is to move away from Access to PHP-based net interface and I would recommend
you'll do the same.

By the way, Access does refresh open ODBC queries by time to time (setting
adjustable from Access's settings) and the problem might be related to it.

Antti