CallableStatement Implementation

From: "Corinne Rhodes" <Cori_Rhodes(at)baylor(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: CallableStatement Implementation
Date: 2001-03-31 19:36:36
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hello,

I am part of a team that is working on implementing the CallableStatement
interface for JDBC.  CallableStatement is used to call stored procedures.
However, postgresql does not implement stored procedures as such and uses
functions instead.  As functions can only return a single value or a column
of values, what functionality would you like to see from CallableStatement.
How would you see yourself using "stored procedures?"  The idea is
portability.  We would like to make it as easy as possible for you to
transfer an existing DB from something like oracle to postgresql and still
retain as much functionality as possible.  Your comments and suggestions
would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
Corinne Rhodes
Baylor University
Cori_Rhodes(at)baylor(dot)edu

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: jlemckeDate: 2001-04-01 06:15:07