upgrade

From: "Peter T(dot) Brown" <peter(at)memeticsystems(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: upgrade
Date: 2001-02-28 22:03:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have upgraded from PostgreSQL 7.0.2 to 7.1beta4. I am trying to convert a
database from the older version to work in the newer version. Unfortunately
ALL I have is the base directory zipped up containing all the tables, keys,
sequences, etc. Is there a way to convert this and have it work with
7.1beta? At the very least, is there a way for me to use a 7.0.2
installation to reinstate this database and use pg_dumpall?

Thanks very much for any help!

----
Peter T. Brown
Director of Technology
Memetic Systems
"Intelligent. Customer Acquisition & Retention."
206.985.7171 ext. 110