Access 97, Error - Data changed by another user, Copy to Clipboard or Drop changes

From: "Joseph" <lters(at)mrtc(dot)com>
To: "Pgsql-Odbc(at)Postgresql(dot)Org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Access 97, Error - Data changed by another user, Copy to Clipboard or Drop changes
Date: 2001-07-17 17:58:18
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Access 97

Error - Data changed by another user, Copy to Clipboard or Drop changes

I got the above error message various times and could not understand what
was causing it.
Finally we figured out that we had a numeric field with to many digits
beyond the decimal point and access was not able to handle it.

Instead of an inteligent error message though it claimed someone else had
changed the data.
The solution was to round the data down to something access could handle.

respectfully,
Joseph

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Henshall, Stuart - WCPDate: 2001-07-18 08:09:32