Re: VACUUM delay (was Re: What's planned for 7.5?)

From: "Stephen" <jleelim(at)xxxxxxx(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: VACUUM delay (was Re: What's planned for 7.5?)
Date: 2004-01-15 00:43:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The vacuum delay patch is not the ideal solution but it worked like a charm
on my servers. I really need the vacuum delay patch or a better solution in
7.5. I'm getting millions of requests a month and running VACUUM without the
patch makes PostgreSQL useless for many consecutive hours. Not quite the
24/7 system I was hopping for. :-(

Unfortunately, it's rather difficult to patch so many machines as my entire
system runs on Redhat RPMs. I'm really hopping to see a solution to this
VACUUM problem in 7.5. I've been waiting for this fix for over 3 years and
now it's almost there.

Will this problem get addressed in the not so official TODO list?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Stephen