parameter to control cycle detection

From: "Coby Beck" <coby101(at)bigpond(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: parameter to control cycle detection
Date: 2004-04-07 23:41:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I get the following error trying to update a view:

"ERROR: query rewritten 10 times, may contain cycles"

and it doesn't. There is a function in there legitimately called 10 times
with the same parameters. 10 seems a little low to panic about, is this
configurable? The rule code is generated programmatically so for now at
least I would like to avoid having to find a general solution for the sake
of an optimization I may not need and it is not an option to hand tweak this
one problem rule.

Can I set this 10 parameter higher somewhere?

TIA.

Coby Beck

---