LIBPQ Question

From: "creid" <creid(at)netbcg(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: LIBPQ Question
Date: 2003-10-26 23:08:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Problem:  Assigning a COUNT(*) result into an integer variable in my C
program consistently fails except when I assign the same result to a char
variable.  I can only assume that the internal data type the COUNT function
uses is integer.

Can anyone help put me in the proper mindset so I may deal with this,
seemingly simple issue, to resolution.

I need the integer result to to help me satisfy a dynamic memory
requirement... COUNT(*) result will tell me how many rows of data I need to
malloc and I cannot perform a math operation on a char variable.

Thanks

Cliff

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: "."Date: 2003-10-27 00:38:09