PGEASY

From: "creid" <creid(at)netbcg(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PGEASY
Date: 2003-10-30 14:44:31
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I am experimenting with LIBPGEASY

Problem: When I access a "varchar(30)" column using "DECLARE.....FOR SELECT
column from schema.table WHERE pkey='KEY'"

When I fetch to a declared variable to return to a calling procedure, my
program does a (segmentation error) unless I declare the char variable to
some much higher value than it is seemingly necessary.  Moreover, the
problem does not occur when I manipulate the result in the called procedure.
In fact, in my experimentation, I have noticed that I can declare a char
variable array less than what the result is and it still works.  The crash
only occurs in the calling procedure.

What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks
Cliff

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: creidDate: 2003-10-30 15:11:23