Question on pgsql trigger

From: "Jon Poulton" <jon(at)illumining(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <jon(at)illumining(dot)com>
Subject: Question on pgsql trigger
Date: 2004-03-29 17:12:46
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi there,
Im having a go at writing my first set of triggers for postgres and Im
having trouble with an error message which the trigger produces when it
tries to compile/call the function Ive written in pgsql. The error message
is:

ERROR: syntax error at or near ";"
CONTEXT: compile of PL/pgSQL function "text_update" near line 31

I cant find the error! As far as I can see the syntax is fine from whats in
the manual. Can anyone see what the problem with the function below is:

CREATE FUNCTION text_update() RETURNS TRIGGER AS'
DECLARE
allText TEXT;
currentRecord RECORD;
BEGIN
IF TG_WHEN = BEFORE THEN
RAISE EXCEPTION ''Trigger function text_update should not be called before
INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE'';
END IF;
IF TG_LEVEL = STATEMENT THEN
RAISE EXCEPTION ''Trigger function text_update should be called as a row
level trigger'';
END IF;
IF TG_OP = DELETE THEN
DELETE FROM cks_messagetext WHERE cks_messagetext.id = OLD.id;
RETURN OLD;
ELSIF TG_OP = UPDATE THEN
FOR currentRecord IN SELECT textdata FROM cks_part WHERE cks_part.type = 1
AND
cks_part.sourcemessageid = NEW.id LOOP
allText := allText || '' '' || currentRecord.textdata;
END LOOP;
allText := allText || '' '' || NEW.subject;
UPDATE cks_messagetext SET cks_messagetext.textdata = allText WHERE
cks_messagetext.id = NEW.id;
RETURN NEW;
ELSIF TG_OP = INSERT THEN
FOR currentRecord IN SELECT textdata FROM cks_part WHERE cks_part.type = 1
AND
cks_part.sourcemessageid = NEW.id LOOP
allText := allText || '' '' || currentRecord.textdata;
END LOOP;
allText := allText || '' '' || NEW.subject;
INSERT INTO cks_messagetext (id, textdata) VALUES (NEW.id, allText);
RETURN NEW;
ENDIF;
END;
'LANGUAGE plpgsql;