Re: Query slower on 8.0.3 (Windows) vs 7.3 (cygwin)

From: "Gurpreet Aulakh" <gaulakh(at)ecmarket(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Query slower on 8.0.3 (Windows) vs 7.3 (cygwin)
Date: 2005-09-23 17:15:36
Lists: pgsql-performance

After further investigation I have found that the reason why the query is
slower on 8.0.3 is that the hash and hash joins are slower on the 8.0.3.

So the question comes down to : Why are hash and hash joins slower? Is this
a postgres configuration setting that I am missing? Is the locale still
screwing me up? I have set the locale to 'C' without any improvements. Is it
because the column type is a varchar that the hash is slower?